Saturday, April 18, 2009

Snow SUCKS!!!

I love the snow and the cold weather.  Winter in Denver has been very mild this year.  Hardly any snow has fallen which is quite depressing to me as I love to see snow blanket the yard every winter.  In fact this year has been one of the driest winter seasons on record.  So imagine my excitement when an actual winter storm was predicted to hit this weekend with anywhere from 1-3 feet in the forecast.  Well the weather man actually got this one right and it's been snowing since yesterday morning.

Excited to actually use my snow blower for the first time this year, I headed outside to clear my driveway.  She started right up with one pull and we were off.  Now this snow we're getting is a very wet and heavy snow so I knew that I would have to go slow as to not clog up the snow blower.  I headed down the driveway and cleared the first row with no problems.  And as I started down to start the second row the engine made a very strange sound and then BAM!  Something blew out of the side of the snow blower and the engine stopped.  I wheeled it back into the garage to see what happened when I discovered that I blew the entire engine block.  There is a gaping hole in the side of the engine casing.  My first thought was that there was no oil, but that wasn't it.  I guess it was just time.  She just couldn't give me anymore.
Disheartened, I pulled out the snow shovel for some old school snow removal.  I cleared a bit more snow from the driveway when BAM!  The handle of my snow shovel snapped.  Apparently the snow gods do not want my driveway cleared today.
Needless to say I have officially given up and will wait for the snow to melt.  It's supposed to be 70 degrees on Monday.  But until then this is how my driveway looks.
SNOW SUCKS!!!

3 comments:

Douglas Anderson said...

Poor Jared. Sorry to hear that you were unable to clear your driveway. But did you do any snow angels?

Tammy said...

Welcome to Colorado and our amazing Spring storms!

Melissa said...

That's hilarious! :)