Saturday, July 11, 2009

Lydia's visits

Ok so I have been REALLY busy. Lydia has been out twice and I have not had to chance to blog about it. She came out at the beginning of June after school. Jared took that Friday off and I hadn't started my new job yet so we decided to have Kaitlyn go to daycare and just spend the days with Lydia. We took her and her friend Jenna to the Cave of Winds down in Colorado Springs. We did the lantern tour. It was really cool. The girls had a blast. I have never been through a cave like that. When Kaitlyn is older it would be fun to go through it again. That night Jenna and Lydia's other friend Lacey stayed the night for a slumber party. Saturday the girls played all day. We gave Lydia her Birthday presents since we were not going to be able to see her for her birthday this year. We also celebrated Father's day early. We were very sad not to have her with us for the special days but she was going on a vacation with her mom.




Lydia came out again after she got back from her vacation so she could be here for Kaitlyn's first B'day. She came out on Thursday. I happened to make a last minute trip to Utah for work so we flew back together. Friday she played all day with Jenna (Lacey was out of town) While we spent the day doing yard work and cleaning the house. Now that I am back to a full time job, still teaching at the University online and doing Mary Kay on the side, I haven't had a lot of freetime to do anything lately. Then we had a a BBQ with Jenna's family and the rest of the neighbors. That night my aunt Terri, uncle Lee, Grandpa, my cousins Shannon and Landon all flew in for Kaitlyn's first B'day that we were celebrating on the 4th. Saturday night we lit off fireworks. Sunday we went out to the Cherry Creek Art Festival. It was huge! We walked round a lot.I think next year we will make a point to go out there and spend the whole day. Jared took Monday off and they went out to Boondocks to play then the came out and met me for lunch before heading to the airport. We can't wait to see her again.








No comments: