Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

Ok, Can I just say how spoiled I am. I had the best Mother's Day! It started off with Jared making me breakfast. I was really in the mood for pancakes and he makes the best ones! Then he gave me this beautiful Dooney and Bourke purse and inside he put a Waterford crystal rocking horse. Anyone who knows me knows how much I adore Waterford. It runs in the family. I am lucky enough to have 3 generations of Waterford, my grandma's, my mom's, and some of my own.  This is Kaitlyn's first piece of Waterford. It means a lot to me. 



After listening to Musical Sunday and reading the paper (or at least the ads :)) then cleaning up a bit, Jared and I went and got massages. When we got back I thought I would take the advice of the child care classes we've been to and try putting a doll (or in my case a bear) in the car seat. I was successful and the bear was safely strapped in (of course Jared had to take pictures). 


Then Jared made dinner of my choice. After dinner, he said Mother's Day warranted desert and gave me my choice. We ran and got pie so we could eat it during the chick flick of my choice. We finished off the evening with "P.S. I love you" which I hadn't seen yet but had been wanting to while eating my favorite pie, cherry of course. 

It was a wonderful day!!! Thank you, Jared!! I love you!

5 comments:

Douglas Anderson said...

it sounds like you had a great mother's day. The question is how did Jared do putting the bear in the carseat. Can't wait to see the baby!

Jessica said...

Yeah I want to see the pic of Jared putting the bear in the car seat, and how long did it take you to put him in:) Happy mothers Day and good job to jared for spoiling the heck out of you! You deserve it! The rocking horse is so cute:)Enjoy the purse for 43 more days until it turns into a diaper bag:)

Melissa said...

Okay, I think Jared may need to give Chip a little pep-talk! What a great day!!! The purse & rocking horse are darling!

Andrea said...

I am so glad that Jared treats you as you deserve to be treated- like a princess! Way to go Jared!

Tammy said...

WOW! You are so spoiled! I would love a Mothers day like that! (Any day like that would be great!) Enjoy days like that while you can! Soon you will be like the rest of us knowing that a quick trip to the store (any store) BY YOURSELF is a real treat! I am with Melissa, can Jared give Shawn some tips too! I usually get flowers and a card from King Soopers from his last delivery of the day! (sounds like an after thought to me!) At least I get them, right?