Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

I was lucky enough to spend Father's Day with my 2.9 favorite girls; Erin, Lydia and Kaitlyn (0.9). The day started with all of us going to one of my favorite places for breakfast, the Perfect Landing Cafe. This cafe is located on the runway of Centenial airport here in Denver. It's a small airport so you get to see all of the private jets, charter planes and old military planes fly in and out. I love it!

During breakfast Lydia and Erin surprised me with an incredible Father's Day gift, a new digital SLR camera. It was very unexpected. I had been talking about getting one of these camera's for a while now and aparently, Erin has had this waiting for a while now. I have a great wife!

But my favorite part of the day was when Lydia and I had to make a quick trip to the Daddy toy store (Best Buy) to get a memory card for the camera. So we hopped on my motorcycle and went for a little ride to Best Buy. Lydia has been wanting me to take her for a ride all weekend. She did great! She held on tight and we had a lot of fun riding around for a bit.





We just got back from the airport where we dropped off Lydia. I love having her out here. It's always very hard sending her home to SLC. It was a great day and a great weekend.

4 comments:

Douglas Anderson said...

Happy Father's Day Jared. Sounds like you have the best day.

Jessica said...

Happy Fathers day!

Scott English said...

Happy Father's Day Bro! Its awesome to know we both have such cool wife's. We are now Suzuki Blood Brothers. Love you guys.

Melissa said...

Happy Father's Day. Sounds like you had a nice day - and it looks like it was good weather too! What kind of camera did you get?